TE Connectivity develops highly engineered solutions that power electric vehicles, aircraft, digital factories, and smart homes. For more than 75 years, TE has partnered with customers to produce connectivity and sensing products that make a connected world possible. With a strong focus on reliability and durability, TE’s extensive range of products enable companies – both large and small – to turn ideas into technology that transforms how the world works and lives tomorrow. In this context, TE is launching the “Power Up with E-mobility” Startup Challenge!
Discover the “Power Up with E-mobility” Startup Challenge
Since the beginning, TE Connectivity has been one of the leading players in mobility electrification working with almost every automotive OEM and tier-one supplier worldwide. In essence, almost every car has a TE component in it!
The “Power Up with E-mobility” Startup Challenge is open to startups, small businesses & university research teams, and spin-offs working on tech solutions across four specific categories:
- Connect: TE is looking for next-generation connectivity solutions that are faster, smaller, more reliable, and more efficient. How do you get more out of less?
- Protect: Pushing the boundaries on power and power density, also in combination with increased high-speed data communication, needs to be carefully managed. How do you make E-mobility safer?
- Sense: Data can help to improve almost everything – what insights do you generate to boost the performance of E-mobility solutions?
- Other: Do you help advance electric mobility in another way? Do not hesitate to apply! TE is always interested in innovative technologies that enable the future of E-mobility.
In addition, your solution must be at least at Technology Readiness Level 6.
For more background, TE builds high-voltage connectivity and sensing solutions that are the electrical foundation for safe and reliable zero-emission cars. TE’s range of EV products covers the complete spectrum of EV energy transfer – providing safe, reliable, durable, and efficient electrical systems connectivity that meets the increased power ratings and higher thermal and vibration requirements that design engineers demand.
Explore the Benefits of the “Power Up with E-mobility” Startup Challenge
Six top applicants will be invited to an exclusive internal pitching event where you will have the opportunity to interact with TE engineering and business leadership, as well as subject matter experts. Apart from the cash prize, TE offers the following benefits to all the six finalists:
- Cash Prize: USD 30,000 for one final winner, equity-free & no strings attached.
- Expert Collaboration: Closely interact with TE Engineering in an intensive & intimate two-day collaboration.
- Internal Access: Enjoy access to TE’s experts, products, tools, processes, and data, as well as its deep knowledge of automotive and transportation industry requirements.
- Executive Networking: Gain exposure to senior TE leadership from its Business, Engineering, Strategy, M&A, and Marketing teams.
- Potential Pilot Project: TE may offer the six finalists the opportunity to subsequently collaborate on a Proof of Concept (PoC) or Pilot Project with TE’s Transportation Solutions Segment.
- Global Publicity: A public press announcement of the six finalists and the winner across TE’s communication channels.
Your applications will be evaluated by the leadership functions of TE’s Transportation Solutions Segment which is comprised of four business units – Automotive, Industrial & Commercial Transportation, Sensors & Application Tooling, as well as Business Unit Leadership from TE’s Senior Engineering, Product Management, Strategy & Marketing teams.
Important Dates and Challenge Timeline
- The last date for submitting your application is 4th November 2022.
- Applications Evaluation ends by the end of November 2022.
- Virtual Pitching Events will be held between 6th and 8th December 2022.
More about the Exclusive Virtual Pitching Events
Day 1: 6th December 2022 – An exclusive Pitching Event for the Six Finalists will be held online for a global TE internal audience.
Day 2: 7th December 2022 – After the Pitching Event, each finalist will be matched with a team of pre-selected TE engineers for a virtual collaboration session. The overall time window of this teamwork will be around 40 hours. The goal of the collaboration is to apply the applicants’ technology to either a new or improved product, process, or service.
Day 3: 8th December 2022 – Finally, on the third day, the joint proposals will be presented with real-time scoring by a jury followed by winner selection.
Ready to create a safer, more sustainable, productive & connected future with TE Connectivity? Apply today!
Sharing is Caring!